Dr. Scott Eder always strives to be at the cutting edge of medicine. A graduate of Boston University and medical school at the Catholic University of Louvain, he also holds masters degrees in both physiology and administrative/preventative medicine. Dr. Eder is a board-certified gynecologist, recognized by the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.
Dr. Eder opened his first office in Lawrenceville, NJ in 1988. Since that time, he has introduced several new gynecological procedures to the Mercer County community including techniques to avoid hysterectomy and treat urinary incontinence. Most recently, he was the first physician in Mercer County to use the DaVinci surgical robot, a device designed to make surgery less invasive.
The Center for Women’s Health and Wellness is actively involved in clinical research studies that help to bring new laboratory tests, medications and surgical treatments safely to the public. You can learn more about volunteering for these studies here.
Dr. Eder has participated in several volunteer medical missions as a gynecologist in Africa. In 2008 he was a nominee for the Distinguished Physician Humanitarian Award given by Princeton Health Care System for his work.
- B.A. with distinction, History, Boston University (Undergraduate)
- M.D. Universite Catholique de Louvain, Bruxelles, Belgium, cum laude
Graduate School Education:
- M.S. Administrative Medicine, University of Wisconsin Medical School
- M.S. Physiology , Rutgers University
- St. Louis University Hospitals – Internal Medicine Internship
- UMDNJ New Jersey Medical School – OB/GYN
- American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecolgoy – Diplomate
Languages other than English:
- American Congress of Obstetricians & Gynecologists – Fellow
- American College of Surgeons – Fellow
- New Jersey Obstetrical & Gynecological Society
- American Medical Association
- New Jersey Medical Society
- Mercer County Medical Society, former President
- Attending physician, Capital Health System, former Department Chairperson
- Senior Attending physician, University Medical Center at Princeton
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology, UMDNJ-New Jersey Medical School
Honors and Awards:
- Physician Recognition Award
- American Medical Association
- American Medical Accreditation Program (AMAP)
- Eder S, Baker J, Gersten J, Mabey RG, Adomako TL.. Efficacy and safety of oral tranexamic acid in women with heavy menstrual bleeding and fibroids. Womens Health (London, England). 2013
- Lee, Stephen R., Kardos, Keith W., Schiff, Eugene, Berne, Cheryl A., Mounzer, Karam, Banks, Alpha T., Tatum, Harvey A., Friel, Timothy J., DeMicco, Michael P., Lee, William M., Eder, Scott E., Monto, Alexander, Yearwood, Graham D., Guillon, Geraldine B., Kurtz, Lisa A., Fischl, Mark, Unangst, Jay Lynn, Kriebel, Feiss, Gary. Roehler, Michele: “Evaluation of a New, Rapid Test for Detecting HCV Infection, Suitable for Use With Blood or Oral Fluid,” Journal of Virological Methods 172: 27-31 (2011)
- Lukes, Andrea S., Moore, Keith A., Muse, Ken N., Gersten, Janet K., Hecht, Bryan R., Edlund, Mans, Richter, Holly E., Eder, Scott E., Attia, George R., Patrick, Donald L., Rubin, Arkady, and Shangold, Gary A.: “Tranexamic Acid Treatment for Heavy Menstrual Bleeding,” Obstetrics & Gynecology 116:865-875 (2010)
- Lippman, Joel, Creinin, Mitchell D., Eder, Scott E., Mellon, Richard W., Godwin, Amy, and Olson, William,: “The Effect of Extending the Pill-Free Interval on Follicular Activity: Triphasic Norgestimate/35 microgram ethinyl estradiol (EE) versus Monophasic Levonorgestral/20 microgram,” Contraception 66:147-152 (2002)
- Eder S., Apuzzio J., Weiss, G.: “ Varicella Pneumonia During Pregnancy: Treatment of Two Cases with Acyclovir,” American Journal of Perinatology 5:16 (1988)
- Eder S., Chatterjee M., Salvio C.: “Evaluation of Meteneprost Potassium (A PGE2 Analogue) for Cervical Dilation and Side Effects in Non-Pregnant Women,” Prostaglandin 32:19 (1986)
BOOKS, MONOGRAPHS, PAPERS, AND CHAPTERS
- Eder, Scott, “Responder Analysis and Durability of Tranexamic Acid Treatment Response in Heavy Menstrual Bleeding,” Abstract Presented at National Medical Association Meeting, July 24, 2011, Washington, DC
- Eder, Scott, Hecht, Bryan, Attia, George, Trott, Ed, “Improvement in the Frequency of Sleep Interruptions for Women with Heavy Menstrual Bleeding Treated with Tranexamic Acid” Abstract for Poster Presented at National Medical Association Meeting, July 23, 2011, Washington, DC
- Lukes, A., Waldbaum, A., Eder, S., Moore, K., Shangold, G., “Novel Tranexamic Acid (TA) Product (XP12B-MR) For Heavy Menstrual Bleeding: Dose-Response Analysis.” Abstract for Poster Presented at American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists Annual Meeting, San Francisco May 15-19, 2010
- Lukes, Andrea, Hecht, Bryan, Eder, Scott, Attia, George, Shangold, Gary, Moore, Keith,: “Reduced Impact of Heavy Menstrual Bleeding on Physical and Social Activity of Women Using XP12B-MR,” Papers on Current Clinical and Basic Investigation, American College of Obstetrics & Gynecology Annual Clinical Meeting, May 4, 2009, San Francisco
- Eder S, Chatterjee M., Salvio C.: “Evaluation of a PGE2 Analogue for Pre-operative Cervical Dilation” in Proceedings of the XI World Congress of Gynecology and Obstetrics in Gynecology and Obstetrics, Edited by H. Ludwig and K. Thomsen, Springer-Verlag, New York (1986)
- Hologic Hysteroscopy System Expands Treatment Options in Rwanda.” Impact. November 2013: 8. Print.
- Carter, Andria Y. “daVinci Robot makes its debut at CHS-Fuld Campus.” The Trentonian. 27 March 2008. Web.
- Area’s First daVinci Surgeries Performed at Fuld.” Pulse. May 2008: 10. Print